Forget the iPad, We’re All About the Sky Pad
A million-dollar makeover for Royal Caribbean’s Independence of the Seas has guests jumping for joy, literally.
The new Sky Pad, a virtual reality bungee trampoline experience, is the talk of the industry thanks to Royal Caribbean’s bold new adventures campaign. The feature is exclusive to Royal Caribbean ships including Mariner of the Seas.
As part of Royal Caribbean’s bold new adventures campaign, a variety of new features and additions were added to Independence of the Seas.
New Features Include:
- The Perfect Storm, a duo of racing waterslides called Cyclone and Typhoon.
- Glow-in-the-dark laser tag, an experience in Studio B unlike any other, where friends and family can team up to play “Battle for Planet Z”.
- Puzzle Break, a new escape room experience where competitors can put their minds to the test, working together to find hidden clues and solve a series of high-tech riddles to unravel a mystery. With only 60 minutes of play, the excitement builds with each tick of the clock.
- Breathtakingly beautiful new lounges and Panoramic Oceanview staterooms adds an extra bit of extraordinary to Independence. With stunning wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling views, guests can soak up the feeling of standing on the bridge of the ship and watching the sunset over the coastline, all from the privacy of their own stateroom.
- Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade, enables sports fans to enjoy all the biggest live sporting events over ice-cold beers, wings, sliders and more.
- Izumi Hibachi & Sushi, the exotic Asian-inspired dining experience gives guests the chance to enjoy fresh sushi and experience skilled chefs cooking tableside on teppanyaki grills.
- Fish & Ships, a poolside eatery where guests can grab quintessentially British seaside treats.
- Sugar Beach candy shop, a wondrous world of delicious delights, along with a few exciting surprises.
Check out a video of the Sky Pad installation and read the full press release HERE:
— Evan Gove