Regent Unveils Exclusive Gourmet Explorer Tours | Cruise News – Jan. 6, 2015
Regent Unveils Gourmet Explorer Tours Exclusively for Seven Seas Explorer
Cruise News – Jan. 6, 2015
Regent Seven Seas Cruises unveiled a collection of exclusive culinary-inspired shore excursions for Seven Seas Explorer’s inaugural Mediterranean season, which begins July 20, 2016. Part of the Regent Choice Shore Excursion program, these new Gourmet Explorer Tours are designed for guests seeking unique, one-of-a-kind epicurean adventures ashore to complement the culinary experiences found on board.
This new collection of Gourmet Explorer Tours will also expand on the curriculum offered at the Culinary Arts Kitchen aboard the ship; each tour will be accompanied by the chef instructor from the Culinary Arts Kitchen and a local guide, often a chef, with intimate knowledge of the region’s agriculture, wine, and cuisine.
“We have created an unbelievable collection of culinary-inspired tours where our guests can partake in true once-in-a-lifetime epicurean experiences,” said Jason Montague, president and chief operating officer for Regent Seven Seas Cruises. “Our tours were expertly crafted to provide unique opportunities to dine at a highly coveted and world-renowned Michelin-starred restaurant, visit iconic markets and palatial vineyard estate homes, and learn from some of Europe’s premier chefs with personalized, hands-on instruction.”
In fact, each Gourmet Explorer Tour was handcrafted by the line’s Executive Director of Culinary Enrichment, Chef Kathryn Kelly, who partnered with a vast network of Michelin-starred chefs and local culinary experts to create tours that are both luxurious and authentic. In total, 22 Gourmet Explorer Tours have been developed for Seven Seas Explorer’s upcoming Mediterranean season, and include:
- Saint Tropez, France – Bask in an evening of ultimate gourmand indulgence on the luxurious French Riviera. Taste three Provence varietals at the famed La Croix winery, and then enjoy a gourmet dining experience at the renowned La Vague d’Or, a Michelin 3-star restaurant in the heart of Saint Tropez.
- Sorrento, Italy– Become immersed in the unique cuisine of Campagnia by making cheese at the artisanal fromagerie, watching a culinary demonstration by a master chef, and wining and dining amid the luxury gardens of the stunning Don Alfonso.
- Monte Carlo, Monaco– Wine tasting at Cave Bianchi in Nice followed by dinner at the famed La Chèvre d’Or restaurant highlight a special night out with fellow foodies. Guests gain an appreciation for local and traditionally inspired dishes hand-selected for the evening affair.
- Barcelona, Spain– Enjoy the gloriously rich Catalan culinary scene with guided strolls through the famed Boqueria and Santa Caterina markets, followed by an unforgettable lunch and kitchen tour from Chef Jordi Cruz at ABaC, a famed 2-star Michelin restaurant.
- Corfu, Greece– Guests receive a shopping assignment and gather produce, cheeses and specialties at Old Town’s Corfiot Market. Sample gelato, local wine, fresh-baked bread, and the traditional “bourdetto” stew before returning to the Culinary Arts Kitchen for a Greek cooking class.
(See all of the tour descriptions here.)
“We are creating something truly special and sure to be enjoyed by both die-hard foodies and peripheral fans of the culinary arts,” said Kelly. “With our Gourmet Explorer Tours we have an incredibly diverse array of options for our guests, ranging from the crème-de-la-crème of luxury with our day in Saint Tropez to a more casual farm-to-table experience in Greece. I cannot wait to begin!”
Other details about Seven Seas Explorer that have been revealed include the ship’s luxurious spa and lavish suites.
Photo: Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Sign up for weekly cruise news, fun contests, and exclusive offers delivered right to your inbox!