Nice view! … of Carnival Vista – Cruise News – Jan. 23, 2015
Nice view! … of Carnival Vista
Cruise News – Jan. 23, 2015
Carnival Cruise Line announced details of its newest and biggest ship, the 3,936-passenger Carnival Vista, at a splashy media event in New York.
The line’s senior cruise director, John Heald, declared Vista would be “the best ship the cruise industry has ever seen.”
Here’s what is so exciting on Carnival Vista:
- The world’s first shipboard IMAX Theatre, a three-story screen showing movies the same day they debut on land.
- SkyRide, the industry’s first pedal-powered aerial attraction — you cycle recumbent bikes on an 800-foot track some 24 feet above the Sports Square and 150 feet above the sea.
- A real brewery experience at the RedFrog Pub, with two copper-topped glass kettles creating three flavors of beer.
- The largest WaterWorks waterpark in the Carnival fleet with the line’s first water tube slide, the Kaleid-O-Slide. A new indoor sports hangout, The Clubhouse at SportsSquare, has mini-bowling.
- A choice of indoor and outdoor dining in all specialty restaurants, with new options including a New England-inspired Seafood Shack.
- New Havana Cabins with hammocks on lanai patios, located aft near the new Havana Pool and expanded Havana Bar. There will also be new Family Harbor cabins with access to a new family lounge.
Heald tells Porthole the outdoor focus is his favorite part of the design: “I think the idea of getting people outdoors and doing anything we can to get people to appreciate that they are at sea is fantastic.”
The ship will debut in May 2016 with a season in the Mediterranean before cruising from New York in November 2016 (details to be announced later this month) and then on to a still-undisclosed homeport.
Photos: Carnival Cruise Line/Ray Stubblebine; Carnival Cruise Line
[spb_column width=”1/2″ el_position=”first”] [impact_text include_button=”yes” button_style=”standard” title=”< Previous News” href=”https://porthole.com/staging/more-dining-reveals-for-norwegian-escape-cruise-news-jan-16-2015/” color=”accent” target=”_self” position=”cta_align_bottom” alt_background=”alt-two” width=”1/1″ el_position=”first last”] [/impact_text] [/spb_column] [spb_column width=”1/2″ el_position=”last”] [impact_text include_button=”yes” button_style=”standard” title=”Next: Fine Celebrity Dining >” href=”https://porthole.com/staging/celebritys-new-suite-class-restaurant-revealed-cruise-news-jan-23-2015/” color=”accent” target=”_self” position=”cta_align_bottom” alt_background=”alt-two” width=”1/1″ el_position=”first last”]