Disney Introduces New Dishes to Its Palo Menu | Cruise News – Feb. 25, 2016
Disney Introduces New Dishes to Palo Menu
Cruise News – Feb. 25, 2016
Disney Cruise Line’s signature adults-only restaurant, Palo, will soon feature new menu items that revisit the restaurant’s Italian roots with the addition of regional recipes, authentic ingredients, and time-honored techniques.
New Wine Pairing Menu
The Esperienza del Vino wine-pairing menu, which features six courses expertly paired with a glass of wine or spirit, boasts all-new dishes for a fresh take on this guest-favorite experience.
- The evening begins with savory coppa (thinly sliced cured pork neck) on dressed fava beans, garnished with sharp pecorino cheese and micro celery. A refreshing Venetian Bellini made with sparkling Prosecco, ripe white peaches and a hint of raspberry is a fitting aperitif.
- Four courses follow: gnocchi with nutty cep mushroom sauce; poached white asparagus with smoked anchovies, quail egg, and truffle oil; sea bass with spinach and buckwheat; and beef striploin that’s aged for 25 days, seared, and roasted with rosemary; and thinly sliced and served with dressed arugula.
- Samples from Italy’s renowned vineyards highlight each course: Bellavista Franciacorta Cuvee Brut, a rich blend of 30 distinctive wines; dry, flowery Elena Walch Gewurztraminer from the northern province of South Tyrol; La Scolca Gavi dei Gavi Black Label, crisp and acidic with undertones of almond and lime; and full-bodied Antinori Tignanello Marchesi, a potent Tuscan red with notes of spice, fruit, oak, licorice, and rosemary.
- Dessert comes in the form of a creamy mascarpone mousse enclosed in a delicate white chocolate dome and served atop fluffy rhubarb and grappa sponge cake in a bed of sweet consommé jelly. The dish is elegantly garnished with a floral and fruity flourish, and a soft Alexander Platinum Grappa concludes the meal.
New Dinner Selections
The newest iteration of the Palo menu includes:
- A standout addition to the dinner selection is a whole roasted chicken, marinated for 24 hours in lemon, sea salt, and rosemary. Presented in a copper-serving dish with roasted baby vegetables, asparagus, and potatoes, the entrée is topped with a Barolo wine reduction typical to the mountainous region of Piedmont in the northwest. Intended for sharing, this dish serves two.
- From the seafood selection, a piquant Dover sole is fileted tableside and served with regional staples like capers, anchovies, sundried tomatoes, and thyme potatoes. A Prosecco and black truffle reduction gives new life to classic sea scallops. And, returning to the menu with a new twist, seared ahi tuna steak is prepared with blanched green beans, roasted new potatoes, and peppered quail eggs.
- An enhanced dessert menu includes a variety of warm, cold, sweet, and tangy offerings including light, creamy tiramisu and a limoncello tart. One thing that hasn’t changed is the signature Palo chocolate soufflé, prepared fresh to-order and served hot with vanilla bean and chocolate sauces and a scoop of ice cream.
Reservations are required for Palo and can be booked online or on board. There is a $30 per person charge for dinner, plus the cost of alcoholic beverages, and the Esperienza del Vino wine pairing experience is an additional $59 per person.
Photos: Disney Cruise Line/Phelan Ebenhack; Disney Cruise Line/Matt Stroshane
Sign up for weekly cruise news, fun contests, and exclusive offers delivered right to your inbox!