Fathom Announces Cuba Itinerary | Cruise News – Oct. 1, 2015
Fathom Announces Cuba Itinerary
Cruise News – Oct. 1, 2015
Fathom, Carnival Corporation’s groundbreaking social impact travel brand, has unveiled its intended Cuba itinerary. Fathom travelers will spend seven days immersing themselves in authentic Cuban culture in three ports of call: Havana, Cienfuegos, and Santiago de Cuba.
Planned activities will include:
- an Afro-Cuban Community Meeting, connecting with artist entrepreneurs in the Havana neighborhood of Muraleando
- an onboard Cuban Book Club, discussing popular Cuban literature and stories
- a tour of colonial Trinidad with a restoration expert, encouraging economic development in the Cienfuegos community
- a lunch in one of Santiago de Cuba’s paladares, privately owned restaurants, while meeting the entrepreneurs of modern Cuba
- dozens of other opportunities to learn about Cuban culture, interact with Cuban professionals, and make a difference in people’s lives
“Cuba is a magnetic, beautiful country with tremendous opportunity for the Cuban people and for Fathom travelers to immerse, learn, grow, and flourish through educational and cultural exchange experiences that we will offer,” said Tara Russell, president of Fathom and global impact lead for Carnival Corporation. “Fathom travelers will have the chance to interact, one-on-one, with artists, musicians, small business owners, health workers, and others to learn about all aspects of Cuban society and to connect and share insights and stories, leading to further progress for the Cuban people.”
Fathom is already accepting reservations for its inaugural Cuba voyage in May 2016 aboard the 710-passenger Adonia. Carnival Corporation was granted U.S. approval in July for U.S.-to-Cuba travel for the purpose of providing cultural exchange. The brand will also begin travel to the Dominican Republic beginning in April 2016.
[spb_column width=”1/2″ el_position=”first”] [impact_text include_button=”yes” button_style=”standard” title=”< Previous: Holland Wine Blending” href=”/create-your-own-wine-aboard-holland-america-lines-new-ms-koningsdam-cruise-news-sept-30-2015/” color=”accent” target=”_self” position=”cta_align_bottom” alt_background=”alt-two” width=”1/1″ el_position=”first last”] [/impact_text] [/spb_column] [spb_column width=”1/2″ el_position=”last”] [impact_text include_button=”yes” button_style=”standard” title=”Next: Cruise Deal >” href=”/cruise-deal-of-the-week-oct-2-2015/” color=”accent” target=”_self” position=”cta_align_bottom” alt_background=”alt-two” width=”1/1″ el_position=”first last”]
Sign up for weekly cruise news, fun contests, and exclusive offers delivered right to your inbox!